Wednesday, November 24, 2010

If you can imagine it, it's on the Internet (or even if you can't)

It is with this sentiment that I share a story of my exit from China. During my two years there, I had various tutors who helped me (slowly) learn Chinese. I won’t lie and act like I was a good student. Without tests, homework, or the threat of failing to pass to the next grade, my motivation for learning Chinese was low. Of course, I was motivated to learn the basics, but after that, my motivation was really just being able to carry one more intelligent conversations with people I met on the train, because all of my Chinese friends in Changzhou had a great command of English (kind of the reason I was friends with them). But, I would occasionally meet with my tutors to at least humor them with an attempt at learning their language. Most of my tutors were students from the English department (pretty necessary at the beginning levels). But, one day I met a girl trying to get me to sign a banner for a patriotic holiday. As I didn’t understand the holiday in Chinese, she switched to English and we chatted a bit. She asked to meet me again, and due to her diligence and risk at losing face (speaking improper English with a foreigner is a big no-no in China) I assented.
She was a freshmen math student, and we didn’t really share many interests, and her English prevented us addressing too many interesting issues, so I figured our relationship would be best suited as tutor-learner. So, she was my tutor during both my first and second years in Changzhou. At some point, over QQ, she professed her strong romantic attraction to me. I told her that I wasn’t interested in a relationship (which was generally true), and even more truthfully that I didn’t think she was old or mature enough to date me. We continued the weekly tutoring sessions, when I didn’t sleep in and cancel via text two minutes before the session (see, I really began to integrate into Chinese culture). I was aware that she continued to feel strongly for me, and often was overly dramatic when I would be gone or we would have vacation for long periods of time. I just tried really damn hard to always keep the conversation stuck on vocabulary, stroke order, and syntax. So, after I had had my last tutoring session with her and said goodbye, but before I left, I was hanging out on my computer while Zhen Zhen was messing around on hers, as we were wont to do when she dramatically called my attention. She had discovered the following post by the aforementioned tutor. She had posted this on her QQ Zone, much like a Facebook or MySpace page, and like those, with limited access to only her contacts, so I can’t provide the direct link, but have copied the content below. Zhen Zhen translated what I couldn’t read (most of it) for me that day, but you’ll have to settle with Google Translate’s version if you can’t read simplified Chinese. Sorry. The original text is below the translation for any of my Chinese readers.

--Goodbye, I love you! Few days before, I'll be hesitant to do this seven p.m. I go to find what kind of excuse for it, I do not want to see the parting scene, tell yourself over and over again not to go out, so good, up as nothing, but still Afterward, I always thought one of the few opportunities we met, but did not think that this is the last time I saw him five days later, the people will disappear from my life, two parallel lines intersect after a brief encounter, separated forever! Remember a year ago of their own, or in such a summer night, imagine yourself a year later how to accept this reality, I can accept it? ! Think it will cry in the night time, just thought of that day to come so fast that today! All came too suddenly, five days after he left did not expect, did not think this is the last time. When I sent out text messages not to go that day, I regret it, but fortunately, he was invited again, when I was in the past, he left his position beside me, he's doing his right-hand side girlfriend, I know this scene is very awkward, the other is International Studies University, they have a lot in common, to me is not their colleges, but sitting next to him and he can say a few words I have been very satisfied it! When they are gone, I'm not coming back to multi-conscious glance, farewell!
Goodbye, I love you! Now take the corner of the campus, can think of our previous memories left behind in this, all this is still very familiar feel, or something yesterday, but everything is coming to an end. Today you have sent to me looked over each SMS, or do not possess the courage to keep it deleted, looked at your gift, and have taught you to write the card, and your point of written bit drops, to throw away, but he could not bear, this is once the baby. Why should I be so hard!
Goodbye, I love you! Dear friends, I know you are very concerned about me, I know you a long time ago advised me to give up, but I'm too stubborn, I told him I thought well what the results, but my choice is to accept, do not blame me I know that I hit by far more than he brought me happiness, but happiness to that point by so much against my wish, I do not regret, because I really like him, his every movecan affect my mood, because his word, a text message, I can happily long, long time. Everyone said that I simply do not know better, or silly is good, in fact, Ye Hao simple, stupid or my people is such, I was thinking that the simple, to how to do it, I know that listen to my heart. Now he is leaving, I know, I return to my own life, please do not worry me, I'll be back. I am a man can bear, hit're used to, do not care which one!
Goodbye, I love you! Although I have the courage to say, though still good friends before you pretend to, though often thought of, but in the face of reality, we have chosen to surrender, in fact, quite good, so be it! The two end of the world, one day, one night, once said that good food to eat together, even for those traveling with it! Is this the end now!
Goodbye, I love you. Remember our previous joke that you'll forget me, how did you reply to me? ! ? Well, you may have forgotten, but what I do not luxury, just hope you remember me, do not forget to have a silly girl who helped you, give you the joy! When you bring your experiences in China when the thought of me. I remember a girl in China, there to support you, no matter who you're with, no matter where you are, I will silently bless you, hope you are happy, though you hurt me deeply, but I do not hate you. We are still friends, good friends!
Goodbye, I love you. I think I'll be fine, and friends, and family. Because through this whole thing, I know they love me. Although I love you, but if I were them and you choose, I would not hesitate to choose them! Because you do not deserve so much I paid, but they are worth it. Although I was reluctant to give up, could not bear to finish the work, been reluctant to let go of my own life, when I want you, let the memories with me, remember that you left me the best gift. I think my life will no longer face to people like you, to you it makes me sad person! In fact, did have seen much of you, but I think I know you will never, never, and you have the intersection, I did not realize, fate. Also a pity that fate.
Goodbye, I love you. Good-bye, never disappear. So many memories, so enough, enough for my taste alone every day! Finally, you figure disappeared into the sea, only to find the most pain crying laughing!
Good-bye, never gone, I have liked you, Ken

再见,我爱你!前几天开始,我就在犹豫,今天晚上七点我要不要去呢,要找什么样的借口呢,不愿看到离别场面的我,一遍一遍的告诉自己别去了,这样挺好,就当作什么都没有,可是还是心有不甘,我一直以为我们见面的机会屈指可数,可是没想到,这是我最后一次见他,五天后,这个人就会从我生命里消失,两条相交的平行线在短暂的遇见后,永远的分离了!还记得一年前的自己,还是在这样的夏天的夜晚,想象着一年后的自己怎么接受这样的现实,我能接受的了吗?!那时想想就会在夜里哭,只是没想到那一天这么快就到来,就是今天!一切来的太突然,没想到他五天后就走,没想到这是最后一面。当我把那天不去的短信发出去的时候,我就后悔了,还好,他又来邀请,当我过去的时候,他把他旁边的位置留给了我,他的右手边做着他的女朋友,我就知道这种场面很尴尬,其他的都是外国语学院,她们有很多共同语言,就我一个不是她们学院,但是坐在他旁边还能和他说两句话我已经很满足了!当她们都走后,我不自觉的又回头的多看了一眼,永别了!
再见,我爱你!现在走在校园里的角落,都能想到我们以前在这留下的美好回忆,这一切都还很熟悉,都感觉还是昨天的事,可是一切都到头了。今天把你发给我的每条短信都看了遍,还是没有那勇气把它删了,又看了看你送的礼物,还有曾经教你写字的卡片,还有你写下的点点滴滴,想扔掉,可是还是舍不得,这都是曾经的宝贝。为什么要让我这么痛苦!
再见,我爱你!亲爱的朋友们,我知道你们都很关心我,我知道你们在很久前就劝我放弃,但是我太固执,我心里清楚我跟他的结果是什么,但是我的选择是接受,你们不要怪我,我知道,其实我受到的打击远远超过了他给我带来的快乐,但是为了那点快乐,受那么多打击我愿意,我不后悔,因为我是真的喜欢他,他的一举一动都能牵动我的心情,因为他的一句话,一条短信,我可以开心很久很久。大家都说不知道说我单纯好,还是傻好,其实单纯也好,傻也罢,我就是这样的人,我就是那个简单的思维,能怎么办呢,我知道听从我的心。现在他要走了,我知道了,我要回到属于我自己的生活,大家不用担心我,我会回来的。我一个人可以承受,受打击受惯了,也不在乎这一个了
再见,我爱你!虽然我没有勇气说出口,虽然还要在你们面前假装好朋友,虽然会经常想起,但是在现实面前,我们都选择投降,其实也挺好,就这样吧!世界的两个尽头,一个白昼,一个黑夜,曾经说好了一起去吃美食,一起去旅游的那些就算了吧!就这么结束吧!
再见,我爱你。还记得我们以前以前开玩笑说,你会忘了我,你是怎么回复我的吗?!?算了,你可能已经忘了,但是我也不奢求什么,只希望你别忘了我,别忘了曾经有个傻傻的女生帮助过你,给你带来过快乐!当你提起你在中国的经历的时候,想到我。记得在中国还有个女生支持你,不论你和谁在一起,不论你在什么地方,我都会默默祝福你,希望你幸福,虽然你深深的伤害了我,但是我不恨你。我们还是朋友,很好的朋友
再见,我爱你。我想我会过的很好,和朋友,和家人。因为通过这一整件事,我知道她们爱我。虽然我很喜欢你,但是如果让我在他们和你当中选的话,我会毫不犹豫的选她们!因为你不值得我付出那么多,而她们值得。虽然我舍不得放弃,舍不得成全,舍不得放手去过我自己的生活,偶尔想你的时候,就让回忆来陪我,回忆是你留给我最美好的礼物。我想我这一辈子都不会再遇到向你这样的人,向你这样让我难过的人了!其实以前也有常见到你,但是我觉得我永远不会认识你,永远不会和你有交集,哪知,缘份。也可惜,缘份。
再见,我爱你。再见,再也不见。那么多的回忆,那么足够,足够我天天品尝寂寞!终于你身影消失在人海之中,才发现笑着哭最痛!
再见,再也不见,我曾经喜欢过你,肯。

No comments:

Post a Comment