Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Final Fortnight

I have just two weeks left in my Peace Corps service. My original Close of Service (COS) date was December 17, exactly two years after myself and 43 other volunteers of Tico 21 swore in. (Tico 21 is the 21st input group since around 2000 when the Peace Corps Costa Rica post was reorganized). I moved up my COS date by 10 days, in order that I can travel around with my brother Peter and not have any problems with the Peace Corps regulations on vacations. 

The blog is about two months behind on my real life, and will probably be so for a while. I'll be crazy busy during these last two weeks, and want to spend it saying goodbye to the wonderful Costa Ricans I've met, soaking up the sun on some beaches (because that won't be happening in Des Moines!), and saying goodbye to Peace Corps friends I've made during the past two years plus. But, updates will come occassionally, and should be much more consistent and substantial after Christmas-when sitting under a blanket on my computer is what I will want to be doing. 

Thanks again for all who read, and don't forget to check out my Picasa web albums and my Tumblr page-links to the right. 
(here's me at a presentation I did at my school about the US--Peace Corps Goal 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment