Saturday, May 31, 2008

Barcelona

Hey All--
I write you from Madrid. We arrived here this afternoon, after David drove the six hours in a rented car from Barcelona. Barcelona was absolutely beautiful. We walked around the city, saw the Arc d´Triomphe, the Sagrada Familia, the port and bay and some of the old Olimpic Village buildings. We were completely astounded by the size and artistic detail of Parc Guell, a park designed by Antonio Gaudi, the famous Spanish architect. We crazily met up with another group of 5 TU graduates who are also doing a post graduation trip. We had a great time eating an authentic Spanish meal, paella and sangria. It was my first time in Barcelona (I never made it when abroad), and I was thoroughly impressed. The weather was beautiful and the monuments and museums followed suit. Best wishes to all, and news from Madrid and my return to Salamanca is to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment