Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 8-still in Greece

So, I am coming to you from Athens, Greece. But, nothing to report on yet from here, we started off the day with a drive back to Thessaloniki, and went to the dairy farm of Charilaos, the Greek guy who stayed with my roommate Dave as a foreign exchange student when Dave was younger. We then headed to the site of some ruins from around 400-300 BC, and saw the tomb of Phillip II of Macedonia, the father of Alexander the great. We also visited a beautiful monastery high in the mountains above Thessaloniki. We then had another delicious Greek meal and headed on the 6 hour train ride to Athens. We arrived here, found our hostel, got some dinner, and now I write you before we head to bed. I will say though, that after 6 hours on the train, I think the Greeks (or at least the discount train customers) could use a solid marketing campaign by a few deodorant companies. Well, hope all is well wherever you may be and my next post might be from Barcelona, where we head tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment