Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Peace Corps Logo: Painted and all over San José

I've been lucky to have been fairly busy this month, so I'll finish up the blogs about Panama, a bike trip, the beach, and a basketball camp I'm about to leave for after I return...sorry again to be such an inconsistent blogger. But, during the wait, you can enjoy some pictures of me with various doves scattered about San José...Costa Rica's take on CowParade. In case it hasn't been made clear in previous posts, Costa Rica (or at least some Costa Ricans) are really proud of not having an army and having the laid back, 'pura vida' lifestyle, and thus identify themselves as a peaceful nation. I generally agree, with the caveat that gaping holes in sidewalks and motorcycles without mufflers can kill any 'peaceful' vibe quite quickly. By the way, I love CowParade-esque exhibits.

No comments:

Post a Comment