Thursday, July 26, 2012

Links to more Internet fun

Don't forget to subscribe or check out my tumblr (http://kferr027.tumblr.com/) which I update daily with photos from my service here in Costa Rica. I'm putting them up in chronological order (more or less) so you can scroll through them and see the different experiences and activities I was involved in throughout my time here. I just finished a series of pictures of houses from around Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí, my old site. That could be completely boring to you, but surely some people find houses in different countries interesting (maybe it's just me). Sadly, they're only exterior photos, as it's probably rude to walk into a stranger's house and start snapping photos. 


Also, I've uploaded pictures from my recent trip to Corcovado National Park to my Picasa web albums (https://picasaweb.google.com/103245152853806638537). I'll soon post about the trip, which will include videos (videos of monkeys are a whole lot cooler than pictures of them), but for now you can check out the pictures (which is probably what most people want to see anyway). What's more, I recently noticed that my previous upload of pictures from my trip to Panama City (Panama) didn't work, so all those pictures are now up there as well. The previous link is to the general page, so you can click on any of the albums in which you take interest from there.

Additionally, two of my co-TEFL volunteers are starting libraries in their communities and are asking for donations in a community/donation matching program that the Peace Corps facilitates. Essentially, the community first comes up with a certain amount of money (25% or 33% of the project cost) and then the volunteer solicits donations for the rest. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, or need to donate to charity for some reason, are a supporter of reading/literacy, or whatever other reason, check out either this project or this project. 


P.S. If you want to get better at typing: http://app.typrx.com/#.
P.S. If you want to learn all sorts of different things but not buy a single Sharpie or stack of note cards: http://ankisrs.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment