Friday, March 9, 2012

Back in action

Some exciting things have happened and there have been some big changes in the last two months, and, I'm finally with my computer and connected once again. So, expect fairly regular blog posts for a while. Just below this post you'll see I finally got up the last post from my trip down to Panama.

The big change that has happened in the past two months is that I changed sites. I'll post more about this later, but, the short story is that my program manager and I decided that it would be worthwhile to have me switch sites to hopefully work this school year with teachers and schools that were more apt to collaborate with me. So, I am now living with a new host family in Líverpool, a small town on highway 32, 14 km west of Puerto Limón, which is the big port city on Costa Rica's Caribbean coast. It isn't on Google Maps, but I've tried to add it with their 'map maker' feature. If you go to this link, it's on the highway in between Moín and Rio Madre. If you go to this webpage, a .pdf will load. It's a fairly complex map of the canton of Limón, in the upper left you'll find a detailed map of the Líverpool area, and in the bigger image of the entire canton, you'll have to do some zooming, but it's all the way to the top, in the center, under the light pink splotch.  On the right of this map, you'll see little maps showing the canton of Limón's position within the province of Limón, and you'll also see the province's location within Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment