Saturday, March 10, 2012

Click the link

After an embarrassing month-plus hiatus, I finally finished blogging about my trip to Panama. Well, almost, while there, walking the gorgeous streets of Panama Viejo, I noticed a big conversion van with lots of stickers stop and ask the policeman on the corner for some information or directions (there are lots of policemen on corners in Panama City). I noticed that there was a bumper sticker on the back of the van,  which said de Argentina a Alaska. This piqued my interest, so I checked out the rest of the van and saw that there was another sticker with a blog address listed. So I wrote it down, and, turns out that it's pretty self explanatory, two Argentines that are traveling in a van from Argentina to Alaska. They've been on the road for more than two years-thus take it pretty slow-and from what I can tell are currently in Costa Rica. They've got lots of cool stuff on the blog, it's all in Spanish-but I feel like most browsers do a reasonable job of translating these days. There are videos and all that. Probably worth checking out, or if you're into hippie trekkers, maybe try to catch up with them at some point. They seem to be open to anything. I'm sure this isn't that novel of an idea, but it was pretty tight to see the van on the street.

In a few days I'll start posting about my coast to coast bike ride that I went on in the beginning of January. But, in the meantime, my buddy Dave W. completed a coast to coast bike ride across America-just a wee little bit more impressive than crossing Costa Rica. If you're interested in checking it out, you can read through all the posts about the trip (which included a stop in Clive, IA) starting here. 

And, finally, this is one of the funnier comics I've seen in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment